Buy Wedding Insurance Online
What can be covered?
Wedding venues often require liability insurance for your event.
This program provides protection for the Policyholder against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims.
Looking for a policy with options that can cover liability, rented attire, lost deposits, lost photos and more – buy online here?
Instant Certificate of Insurance
Instant Proof of Insurance for Venues
Protect your Special Day with Wedding Insurance
The Wedding Plus Option
This policy offers:
- liability insurance
- additional insured certificate
- Optional Liquor Liability
- Additional Options: Coverage for Damage to Wedding Attire, Lost Deposits Coverage, Wedding Photography/Video Coverage, Host Liquor Liability, Event Gifts Coverage, Special Jewelry Coverage, Cancellation/Postponement Coverage, Rehearsal Diner Coverage, Set up and Take Down Coverage, Rain Date Coverage. Options may vary by location and policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
COVERAGE MAY INCLUDE SUITS ARISING OUT OF:
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Activities necessary to conduct wedding or wedding related events
- Use or maintenance of facilities
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
Sample of exclusions (from liability only policy referenced on this site) — refer to policy for specific details. Claims made by athletic participants, aircraft, all acts of terrorism, asbestos liability, assault and battery, collapse of temporary structure, employment related practices, fungi and bacteria, hepatitis, HIV, HTVL, AIDS, transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, lead poisoning, nuclear energy liability, professional liability, pyrotechnics activity, total pollution, war liability and liability for occurrences prior to the effective date of coverage. All of the above are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Note: There is no liability coverage for claims arising out of any of the following activities: All motor sports, ballooning, bungee jumping, cheerleading pyramids, gymnastics, inflatables, luge, mountain climbing, parachuting, polo, rock climbing, rodeo or any equestrian related sports, sale/manufacture or distribution of any athletic equipment, skin diving, SCUBA diving, snow skiing, squash, tobogganing, use of saunas or other tanning devices, use of trampolines, water slides, white water rafting or any saddle animal exposures.
Note 2: Wedding Plus/Wedding+/Special Event Liability Quotes from United States Liability Insurance Group may include different exclusions, please refer to quote for more information.
Varies by policy.
$5,000 MEDICAL EXPENSE BENEFIT
This coverage will reimburse an injured spectator or guest for medical and/or funeral expenses incurred as a result of bodily injury or death, regardless of whether you are liable or not.
This option increases the aggregate limit of liability insurance to $2,000,000.
This summary of coverage and exclusions is no substitute for reading the entire policy. To receive an entire policy, contact the program administrator.
Can I get more coverage that just liability?
Looking for a wedding policy with more coverage options?
Use this link to quote and buy some of these optional wedding insurance coverages:
- Cancellation or Postponement Coverage
- Event Gift Coverage
- Lost Deposit Coverage
- Photography and Video Coverage
- Rain Date Coverage
- Set-up and/or Take-down Coverage
- Special Jewelry Coverage
- Wedding And Rehearsal Date Coverage
- Wedding Attire Coverage
- Terrorism Coverage
Sample Wedding Insurance Claims
Sample Wedding Insurance Claims
Sure, you’re inviting your friends to your wedding. Of course, you think that your friends and guests would never sue you. Think about what could happen:
- Food poisoning.
- A chair breaks and someone falls, aggravating an old back injury.
- Someone trips and falls at the event.
- A guest drives home drunk and gets in an accident (liquor liability)
You can budget for insurance, but you can’t predict the cost of a claim. The legal defense costs alone could bankrupt someone.
When do I need to buy wedding insurance?
You need to purchase the insurance AT LEAST before the day of the event. You can buy it weeks or months in advance too, but make sure to complete your purchase before the day of the event. If you have any trouble buying online
Is the insurance cancellable?
What is a certificate of insurance?
Do my vendors and entertainers need insurance?
YES! If you have a caterer, disc jockey, florist, or other vendor at your event they need general liability insurance. If a vendor is serving alcohol, make sure that they have liquor liability insurance. You can buy liquor liability insurance with your quote as well.
If you vendors need a policy, they can choose from an option below.